Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Nice to Share

This graphic and other optical illusions can be found on http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/illusion/illusions.htm

I am digging a post by @brad5patterson shard via @seburnt on Twitter.  Brad asks educators to share "a quote that defines your teaching style.

This is a tough one for me- so many quotes, so little time!  However, the first thing that came to mind is the illusion I found (above) a few years back.

Don't you think this captures the essence of teaching?  I feel very fortunate.
Thanks for reading- now go share something :)

~Laurie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Laurie. That illusion is pretty powerful. Illusions are playing with our vision, and when i think of vision i always think of the etymological origins of that word and how it's forked into wisdom and vision (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=vision&searchmode=none)

    Kind of how learn and teach are wrapped up in the same identity etymologically as well ! (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=learn&allowed_in_frame=0)

    Ah, etymology always keeps me thinking ;-)

    Cheers, Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! I know what you mean! thanks for sharing Vladimira's blog. It's nice to share :)

      ~Laurie

      Delete
  2. Laurie - this is great!!! I would say my email signature line defines my teaching style!

    "I touch the future. I teach." Christa McCauliffe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and LOVE it TK! You sure do! WE sure do! Teaching has immortality built right in! Little did my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Siemer know. She would be very proud. She always said, "Courtesy is Contagious!" She touched my future, and now, yours. :)
      Laurie

      Delete