Sunday, September 16, 2012

TEACHERS: DEFINITELY BEAUTIFUL!

TAYLOR MALI: WHAT TEACHERS MAKE
 

My cousin Pegi shared a Poem by Taylor Mali with me and I cannot believe this was the first time I've seen any version of this.   I wasn't going to share here because I thought the few readers I have who are teachers probably have already seen it. If you have, it is worth another look.   I thnk this is a must-see for all teachers, novice, veterans or aspiring.

My favorite part is what Mali shares about bullying.  Also, here is an amazing fact from Mali's bio on his site: "Taylor Mali is...one of the few people in the world to have no job other than that of poet." Definitely Beautiful!

 
 

A big thanks goes out to all teachers especially the ones who teach (or who have taught) my kids.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sheer power of message and delivery. Thanks so much for the inspiration. My mother would be proud. She was a teacher for 35 years and never met a child she didn't like. She always told me she never had a problem with any child in her class and she taught in a poor section of the Bronx. She would love Taylor Mali!

    ReplyDelete